Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cardinal Nation - Population Increase +1











































 
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Cardinals 13, Cubs 5

Friday, July 29, 2011
Cardinals 9, Cubs 2

I can't believe I am writing these words - "Today I became a CARDINAL FAN for the rest of the 2011 baseball season.

Long story short, my grandson offered up a bet to me prior to the start of this Cardinal-Cub series: If the Cubs win the series HE would become a Cub fan for the rest of the season, if the Cardinals win, I would become a Cardinal fan. He was quick to add that 'he had more to risk than I did." We shook hands and I couldn't wait for the series to begin.

I mean if I can say one thing about my (former) beloved Cubs - they never fail to disappoint. So here I am eating crow - not cardinal. But I am never one to welch on a bet no matter how painful the pay-off might be.

Did I mention that I can't wait for the season to be over. Sigh............

2 comments:

  1. You know my angle on this, Annie. The way to enjoy baseball is to have several "home" teams. You've just added the Cardinals to your home team folder, that's all. You didn't switch; your family expanded. And you can add more teams. This way when "your" team is losing, you can watch another one of "your" teams. Baseball's a big thing. I don't understand focusing on one team to the exclusion of all others. There are always great games out there. You just have to flip the channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are still a 'newbie' when it comes to baseball... when you've been a fan for over 60 years like I have you end up with a special favorite for whatever reason. I can watch different teams and enjoy the game and when World Series time comes I pick a team, but it is always a National League team. Funny isn't it.

    ReplyDelete