Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God Works in Mysterious Ways

Albert Pujols broke his wrist on June 19th in a collision at first base trying to tag Royals' Wilson Betemit with his glove hand. (Jeff Curry/Getty Images)



A Modern Day Miracle
"The NL Central leaders initially believed Pujols would be out six weeks after getting hurt June 19 in a collision at first base with the Kansas City Royals' Wilson Betemit. The Cardinals thought Pujols would be back in early August.
Tuesday was the first day Pujols was eligible to return from the DL. He said he'd predicted 15 days would be enough.
"Does it surprise you?" the star first baseman asked. "It doesn't surprise me. A lot of people praying for me and I believe all the prayers are being answered."

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a beef with Albert Pujols, he is an upstanding guy by all accounts. He works hard at his profession and works hard a being a good citizen and doing good work.
My beef is with God - I mean, really, with all the horrid stuff going on in the world today to take time out of your busy, busy day to rapid-heal a multi-million-dollar salaried baseball player seems a bit much. I mean if you really want to do some frivolous good how about lending a hand with the Chicago Cubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment