Friday, May 29, 2009

Short Week For Sure

Sometimes the days just get away from you. Gosh, here it is Friday already and I don't have the next installment of Going Home Again prepared. I kind of thought it was going to be wild week so I slipped in that little tidbit on the Caltech Marine Lab. That led to an unexpected twist, again my friend and gentle prodder, Mollie, asked me if I tried to contact Professor Brokaw, who was a student at Caltech during one of my summers as a kid. I took her suggestion and send off an email to him at his Caltech address. I got a very nice and unexpected reply. Its nice to hear about people after so many, many years. He was a student the summer of 1952. Talk about this week flying by, where have all those years fled to???? Anyway apologies for not doing my usual Friday blog. Today was spent at a thank-you luncheon for Wings of Hope volunteers. It was very nice and I took my daughter Linda and granddaughter Anna along with me. They both enjoyed it as well. If I have said it once, well then gosh darn, I will say it again...These are the nicest bunch of people I have ever had an opportunity to work with. Got to go and play catch up for a bit, will blog more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment