Monday, May 18, 2009

In Transition

Well it's Monday and already the finishing up has begun. Last night Survivor had its season wrap-up with that sweet southern boy, J. T., from Alabama, taking home all the money. He won the million dollars with a unanimous vote from his fellow contestants, plus an extra $100,000 from the viewer's favorite vote. This season lacked a lot of the spark that previous seasons had. I think it was because for the most part everyone got along pretty well. But it did have Coach, what a nut case; I really thought he was certifiable. Well played Coach, hope your new acting career goes well. And I am hoping that J.T. will end up doing something really extraordinary with his million dollars and doesn't get taken advantage of along the way.

Dancing with the Stars wraps up this week with Shawn Johnson, Gilles Marni and Melissa Rycroft in the running. My vote will have to go to Gilles, he is just so yummy to watch. I think even if he had two broken legs I would still vote for him. Melissa was a last-minute substitution just as the show was beginning. She is very graceful and looks great dancing and having Tony as a partner give her a big plus. Then we have our little perky Shawn Johnson, it's hard not to like her she is so cute, but I think her negative is her gymnast's body, a bit too short and bulky to look graceful on the dance floor.

Sandwiched in-between DWTS we have the American Idol finals. I will vote for Adam Lambert but I really like Kris Allen as well, in fact I will be more likely to buy Kris Allen's album than Adam's, but I like the overall performance that Adam gives. Except for a drama queen or two along the way this was a season of some really great singers. I am happy that American Idol gives them this opportunity to be seen and launch their careers.

Maybe during this transition period I can get myself back to reading more. I'm very undisciplined though, as much as I love to read, if there is a TV show or a movie to watch I will put the book down and take the lazy way out and sit back with that 'entertain me' attitude.

There is a new writer (to me) Michael Harvey from Chicago that writes mystery novels. I have his 2007 book The Chicago Way waiting at the library for me to pick up. I thought I would give it a try and see if I like his writings. If I do he has a second book out in 2008, The Fifth Floor that I can try. Summers have always been the best time for me to read, I guess it's the perfect accompaniment to lying by the pool or on a beach. Nowadays I just lie on the couch and think I am at the beach. On a good day I think I can actually hear the surf.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment