Monday, May 11, 2009

Going Topless

A rare day indeed here in Missouri. It's 68 degrees, sunny and the humidity is at 40%. Perfect conditions to put the top down on my VW Beetle Convertible. I feel like jumping in the car and driving until I run out of gas. This is not the ideal location for a convertible. Usually it is too cold or too hot, but there are those rare "perfect" days like today that usually come in the spring or fall, and then it is so much fun. You can smell the freshly mowed grass and hear the birds twittering overhead. You really feel a part of nature, probably the only thing that surpasses it is riding on a motorcycle. Has anyone read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance authored by Robert M. Pirsig? It was required reading for an Ethics class I took at Pepperdine. I may just re-read it this summer. Let's just see where I end up on this tank of gas. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment