Monday, March 2, 2009

Paradise Lost

It's Monday and I don't want to talk about the economy, war, health care or the education of our children. As a Marie Antoinette may have said, "Let them eat cake." Yep, that's exactly how I feel this Monday. Last night I indulged myself in some fluff TV and watched Thin Ice in which Tom Selleck portrays Paradise Chief of Police, Jesse Stone. Jesse if you don't know is kind of a male counterpart to Jessica Fletcher. Must have something to do with the 'Jess-name factor'. Since there was not much substance to engross me, my mind wandered a bit and I got to thinking about Tom Selleck's looks. Yes, he has always had that handsome model-look, but it struck me last night that for a man who recently celebrated his sixty-fourth birthday he is maturing into a very good looking older man. This caused me to think about other older men that seem to get better with age. Clint Eastwood is going to be seventy-nine in a few months and I actually think he is more handsome today then when he was in his twenty's. Life has given his face a shade of character that is most becoming. Not to mention that twinkle in his eye that leaves no doubt he has enjoyed the many and varied aspects that life had to offer. Paul Newman always was blessed with unbelievable good looks, even in his eighties the blueness of his eyes never seemed to fade. Old gals may slow down but they still notice the finer things in life. Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment