Friday, March 27, 2009

Going Home Again - Covina 1956-1958

My first home of my own was an apartment on First Avenue in Covina, just off Rowland Avenue. I wish I had a picture to show you. It really was a cute little place, two bedrooms and one bath. But the big plus was that it had its own fence-in yard, grass and all, nice to have when you have little kids. Susan was a toddler and Mark just a baby when we lived there. We would have been there longer but the apartment unit was sold a few months after we moved in and the new owner didn't want children in the units. I wonder if that would work today? I did a Google Earth stroll down the street to see if I could come up with a picture for the blog. It looks like the original apartment complex no longer exists and has been replace by much larger and much uglier units. While I lived there I worked for Pacific Telephone in Alhambra. I made a whopping $53.50 a week! Good times....Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment