Wednesday, February 25, 2009

America's First Ladies

What is it about First Ladies? They seem to be a special breed. I remember commenting on more than one occasion the Laura Bush would make a perfect permanent First Lady. She always had such a pleasant smile and spoke with determination in her unique soft southern style. And while Michelle Obama has been our First Lady for just a little over a month I have that same warm feeling about her as I did Laura Bush. Michelle has a caring and tenderness about her that comes straight from her heart. I watched her last night assuring little Ty-Seoma Bethea with a hug and tender touch and I thought she is not only our First Lady but our country's First Mother. As a women, mother and grandmother I see our First Ladies being a comforter to families in need, encourager to small children and supporter to the men they married. The job of First Lady is an expanded and very public version of our own job as wife and mother. She really is a reflection of all ourselves. It makes you feel proud to be a woman. Now get out there ladies and kick-up some dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment