Saturday, April 20, 2013

In Motion

Any trip worth its salt begins with Southwest Airlines. They will get you there on-time, un-frazzled and with all your luggage. Yes I'm hoping for a free ticket. ;-)

But it is true, we landed ten minutes early in Houston today and when I went to baggage claim both my pieces of luggage were there. You know that was my greatest fear, to head out for a 41 day cruise with no clothes except those on my back.

The little shuttle van from Houston to Galveston was almost all cruise passengers. Seems I won't be alone on this little venture.

So this is where it all begins, Galveston, TX. Tomorrow this time we will be just about ready to hoist the anchor and set sail. I am at the Hilton Galveston Island. Lots of sunshine and people enjoying the water.


I got rather a kick out of this little "cautionary tale" in my room.


It reads...

For the comfort and safety of all guests, please do not feed the seagulls from your guest room balcony or anywhere on our resort property.

Any guests who do not adhere to this policy will be asked to leave the property.

Thank you for your cooperation and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Always at your service,
Management of the Hilton

There would have been a time I would have stolen that sign to hang up at home...

More to follow.




1 comment:

  1. The reporting begins! Good to see that you're ready to ship out, Annie. And as for that seagull sign, I'd feed 'em. It's a mean sign. Let's see. It's 11 am NY time. I guess you'll be boarding about now. Good luck with everything. And I'm very glad you have your clothes. We'll expect photos of all your outfits, you know. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete