Sunday, January 1, 2012

Never on Sunday

You still have time to set your calendar for Monday, January 2, 2012 so you won't miss the annual Rose Parade, also know as [officially] The Pasadena Tournament of Roses. This year's theme is "Colorful Imagination" and this year the parade will not be held on January 1st in accordance with the Never on a Sunday policy.

I grew up only minutes from the parade route and I wish I had my old black and white photos from the late forties. I remember showing them to my kids and telling them when I was a child the floats were decorated in black and white flowers. It worked for a while.

I don't know about you, but I get so confused when holidays occur on Sunday requiring the Monday Official Holiday rule. I suppose this also means no mail delivery until Tuesday... cheeze ... 2012 will be half over by then.

2 comments:

  1. It's kind of fun writing "2012", isn't it? I like the look of it. It seems much more respectable than 2011. But then I always prefer the even-numbered years.

    I liked your B/W flower story. Just this morning I was thinking about those wonderful days when the kids were young. It was such a joy to introduce them to new concepts. I miss those days and those kids. All gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 2012 has a much more balanced look. I will like 2013, 2015 (perhaps), definitely 2016 and 2018 and of course 2020!

    ReplyDelete