Sunday, May 2, 2010

Congratulations to Orange Coast College - Men's Novice 8

WIRC Champions -Orange Coast College - Men's Novice 8

The Results: OCC 6:21.30 - UCSD 6:21.31

Oh, Yes! WTG Coast

This weekend Orange Coast College's crew team was in Sacramento, California competing in the Western Intercollegiate Rowing Championships. Gosh, I wish I had been there. But thanks to text messaging, emails with photos it was the next best thing. My son tells me it was a photo finish that was reviewed frame by frame to determine that the Men's Novice 8 team captured first place by just 3/100ths of a second. Now that is what I call a finish.

I am so proud of the entire team and especially my grandson. From the photos it looks like it was a beautiful day. Thanks also to my son Mark for all these wonderful pictures, I appreciate your sending them along so quickly so they could be shared.


1 comment:

  1. Since we won that race by an inch! We’re off to Oklahoma City, on May 22nd to participate in the American Collegiate Rowing Championships.

    GO COAST!

    ReplyDelete