Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Petroleum Based Products – “Drill baby drill”


Kind of like "If you build it they will come", only with a twist, "If they make it you will consume it". In recent weeks there has been enough finger pointing to last a life time. After reading the following list I hang my own head in shame, yes, I am part of the problem. I am a consumer of many of the items listed, this is why they drill, why they fight a war and why so much blood is shed. Dare I look around to see if I stand alone in this line?

Our fast food, toss away, non-permanent society needs to get a grip on itself and realize there is a limit. Bring back refillable pens, returnable bottles, razors where you replaced only the dull blade, and a time when everything didn't run on batteries because we didn't have to take everything with us each time we took a step. If airlines can charge for bags then may I suggest the supermarkets begin charging for grocery bags, not just fractions of a cent, enough to make you notice so you will bring your own reusable bags to the store. Hmmm, I wonder what the wood based products list looks like?

Click on links to read complete list of products:

First list found on Ranken-energy.com:

Second list found on Gasprices-usa.com:



2 comments:

  1. ANNIE, THIS OIL SPILL MAKES ME WANT TO LAY DOWN AND DIE. I JUST CRY FOR ALL THE WILDLIFE. GREED AND MORE GREED. YES, WE ARE ALL PART OF IT.I ALSO HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME. TO LATE NOW. THE DAMAGE IS DONE. GOD IS MAD AND HE'S NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE. PEOPLE NEED TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND BE READY.LOVE YOU, LOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. WINK WINK BACK AT YOU. GRANNY LOU

    ReplyDelete