Thursday, January 9, 2014

American News Media MIA?



Can someone tell me why the American news media is not reporting on Fukushima? Read this.  I will have to look elsewhere to find "America Tonight" as my cable provider AT&T Uverse does not carry the Al Jazeera America network.

I know, I know it sometimes is tough having to choose between Honey Boo Boo and Duck Hunters and Al Jazeera America. Americans get uneasy when they have to venture out of their comfort zone and sadly we know the comfort zone of most Americans.


Did I hear the new season of The Bachelor is on?  Wait just Juan minute, I will have to get back to you on this Fukushima thing.



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned this. I'll look for it. On the other hand, I haven't watched much Al Jazeera (though I read their publication) because it seems like CNN. Honestly, I see little difference. I watched a few news shows and it was like any old cable news. They do have half-hour and hour segments on good topics, but what I want is the actual, true, real news. I haven't seen it on Al Jazeera yet. Maybe I'll give them another try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since it's not available to me I can't comment. I do enjoy reading AJA news, especially before they were catering to the American public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recorded it in the middle of the night. Will watch tonight and get back to you. It seems to be more about Japan's intention to NOT use nuclear power than about Fukushima itself. But we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good, Annie. Short, though. It was only one segment of the show. It sounds like Abe is bought and sold by the nuclear powers-that-be. They kept harping on the fact that Japan has no natural resources, so it's out of options and is forced to rely on nuclear power. There also seemed to be no question that nuclear plants will be restarted in the near future. But about half the citizens are really upset about this. I'm glad I watched it. Surely you can see it on aljazeera.com/america. No?

    ReplyDelete