Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dreams Dashed?

Sri Mariamman Temple - Oldest Hindu Temple in Singapore


When I left Singapore to make the long trek back home via various airlines I considered myself really lucky to be able to snag a ride on the Boeing 787 - know as the Dreamliner. This aircraft was pulled out of service earlier due to faulty batteries and I had been keeping my fingers crossed that it would be back in service by the time I was ready to fly home from the cruise.

The flight I took was operated by Japan Airlines and it was a beautiful flight all the way to Tokyo from Singapore, about a 7 1/2 hour flight. I was even lamenting that I probably should have taken a JAL flight all the way to Boston and then worked my way home from there.

Since I have been back United Airlines had problems with its Dreamliner fleet, which caused United yesterday to divert its Denver-Tokyo flight to Seattle because of an oil filter problem.

I do hope all these issues can get resolved soon and the Dreamliner will get back into full-time service with no more glitches. It is such a sweet plane.

Here is a link to learn more about the pictured Sri Mariamman Temple




No comments:

Post a Comment