Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Casting Call


I don't know about you but I want Matt Damon to play Edward J. Snowden in the movie version of My Leak, Your Leak - Our Passions.  

For a long time I have been a fan of good spy dramas, especially British ones. They are so open to conspiracy theories and they never have a problem with a storyline that lets both the British government and the American government be the bad guys from time to time.

While the U. S. is in hot pursuit of a certain EJS and is looking to bring him up before the Brotherhood of Industrial Plumbers Ethics Board, it seems the one they are pursuing has gone missing. His last know whereabouts was a a pizza parlor in Hong Kong before he allegedly boarded a flight to Russia only to not turn up in the empty seat of a Cuba bound flight.

The plot thickens as there is a scenario that has Matt Damon as EJS hold up in the transit area of Russia's airport - neither here nor there. It could be at this point Matt Damon morphs into Tom Hanks as EJS takes up permanent residence in the transit area.

I was trying to reflect back on my recent experience in the transit area of O'Hare's airport in Chicago. There was a short period where I was reunited with my luggage, so a change of clothes wouldn't be a problem. But for the life of me I don't recall if there were any other amenities like food and water that were offered there. Certainly there must have been restrooms available?

I would have Leslie Nielsen play the part of Secretary of State John Kerry because he would be perfect to deliver this recent quote from Kerry:
“I wonder if Mr. Snowden chose China and Russia as assistants in his flight from justice because they’re such powerful bastions of Internet freedom,” Mr. Kerry said sarcastically. 
That's a good one Mr. Secretary but unfortunately that isn't the point here, at least the way I see it.

1 comment:

  1. I think that cruise sharpened your wit. That's what I think.

    ReplyDelete