Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

In just a little over two months I will be embarking on my big adventure. It really is quite exciting. All the important things like visas, shots and travel arrangements have been taken care of. I am now focusing my time on deciding what type of excursions I will take when I get to the various ports. So many decisions.

When I get to Safaga in Egypt I think I will take a side trip to visit a Bedouin settlement outside of Hurghada.  There will be an opportunity to ride a camel. I am hoping I get a happy one like this fellow pictured here. Who knew that I would ride a camel before I rode a horse. Isn't there a saying about you need to learn to walk before you run? Hmmm.

Stay tuned...more to come.

* * *

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion." ~ Javan


3 comments:

  1. You've never ridden a horse!? My sister has a nice little farm you should visit. Annie, I've been meaning to ask you if the ship is one of those huge ones, like the ill-fated cruise ship that pulled into port today. How many passengers does it hold? I'm hoping the answer is 400, rather than 4,000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course the ship is one of those huge ones, 3,114 passengers and a crew of 1,185. Read all about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Mariner_of_the_Seas

    You might enjoy this. When I gave my son my itinerary he emailed me back he would be tracking my ship in real-time at: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

    If I am really lucky those Boeing 787's will be back in service for my flight home. That was the aircraft I was scheduled to be on, I was so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at that site. Very cool. I don't understand how to work it yet but I'll check it out. Jeez. A 787, eh? And a HUGE ship. Well, "Mariner of the Seas" sounds solid and seaworthy. And it's good you'll have a friend with you. A huge ship must seem strange when you're traveling alone. It's definitely going to be an adventure, no matter what. You'd better post a lot!

    ReplyDelete