Monday, November 28, 2011

Cyber Monday

I've been sitting alone at my computer since the wee hours of the morning... searching, search after search for the best bargains available on-line.
I grew frantic, ever fearful the supply would run out and I would be left empty handed. Empty handed of just what I finally had to ask myself. What was I looking for? What was this 'thing' I had to have?

I noticed a small half-empty glass on the desk next to me, there were tiny letters etched into the side of the glass, but squinting with my eyes I was able to read them. It said kool-aid. I was horrified at this act I had committed. "Why, why, why?", I cried.

Had I swallowed a fatal dose of the American Dream? Was it to late for help?

Next to my pen was a small orange cylinder - "to be used in case of emergency only" - it read. It had to be done, so I picked it up and dosed my own self with pepper spray.

Greed and power had overtaken me and for a short time I had become one of them. I think I stopped myself just in time. Perhaps if I had taken just a couple more sips I wouldn't have been able to control myself. There no telling where I might have ended up by nightfall on this Cyber Monday. I shutter at the thought.


4 comments:

  1. Funny. And congratulations for resisting temptation -- and for clobbering yourself too. As for me, I spent money at the Apple store. I couldn't stand it. But if you're going to spend money, the Apple store is a great place to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "An Apple a day keeps the doctor away." - or so I am told.

    But wait ! - you don't eat fruit!!!!

    ReplyDelete