Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Learning

I was watching Charlie Rose today (recorded last night) and his guest was hulu.com's CEO Jason Kilar. What an interesting young man he is. I am sure I have heard or seen hulu mentioned before, but honestly I didn't know what it was all about. After hearing the discussion I became curious and went to the website.
Well, actually I did more than that, I signed up and now I am an official hulu-er. Poking around the various tabs and titles that were offered I decided I had time to watch one of their movie offerings. Now I know what I watched is not for everybody, it was an independent filmed entitled 45365, but I really liked it. It's a documentary about the town of Sidney, Ohio zip code 45365.
I watched it on my laptop and the clarity of the movie was unbelievable. The sound could have been better, but it was my laptop after all and had I viewed it on my desktop computer the sound would have been perfect.
You should check it out http://www.hulu.com/ - I really believe that hulu.com's video on demand concept or something close to it is our future. There were commercials during the movie but they were short 30 second, non-annoying spots. Why can television be like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment