Friday, August 14, 2009

Road Trips Remembered

I stopped by McDonald's on my way home today to grab a quick meal. In line I was behind a Cadillac Escalade, its big, black frame towering over my little VW bug. Despite the darkness of the tinted windows I could still make out the colorful images of a children's DVD playing inside. This reminded me of my own childhood when on family road trips, I would be floating freely in the in the backseat of the family car, unrestrained by seat belts and hot and whining and a little car sick. Sometimes I would stick my hand out the window and play airplane with the rushing stream of air passing by. I tell you these kids today have it made and they don't even know it.

1 comment:

  1. No seat belts and the speed limit was 85 in some places--it's a miracle we all survived.

    ReplyDelete