Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lost in America II


People who know me, also know I love Frank Bruni, writer for the New York Times.  Mostly I agree with him but even when I don't I "listen" to what he writes. He makes perfect sense.  I was going to excerpt his recent opinion piece but changed my mind and decided you deserve each and every word he wrote.

Something is going on in America today and it scares the bejeezes out of me. "Can't" has to be the ugliest word in the English language. Damn it we can do better then this, I know we can.  

I give you Frank Bruni ~ Lost in America  Click it and weep as I did, when you remember the time when America was really a great country.

We can do it people but the playbook doesn't begin with "Can't"...






1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed it, too. Bruni has been saying this for some time and he's right. Kids today may never know what the US was once like. I also have to hand it to Dave Matthews for writing "American Baby", his song about the America that was fast disappearing. The wave was just beginning -- and he caught it. Prophetic.

    ReplyDelete