Friday, January 4, 2013

2013- Today I Won the Lottery


Today I won the lottery. Let me tell you I was totally unprepared. It wasn't a lot you understand, only $3,000,000. The state withheld $750,000 right off the bat for the Feds and then took an additional $120,000 for themselves. That left me with a little over $2,000,000 to deposit into my bank account.

I guess when my accountant fills out my tax return for 2013 next year we will know for sure what the final amounts will be. In the meantime I am going on a spending binge. Nothing really overwhelming you understand.

Monday I will write some checks. A million dollars will go to Wings of Hope. Maybe they will hang a placard on the wall as a thank you. I will send a check to my mortgage company and pay off my small loan and then get online and pay off all my bills.

I am going to upgrade my flight home from Singapore this summer to First Class and maybe even hire one of Kay Bailey Hutchison's out of work "purse boys" to accompany me on my trip. I mean how much could that cost?

Still a lot of dollars left... hmmm I am going to have to give this a lot more thought. Good dog, what does one do when they win a really lot of money?

I really had no idea that 2013 was going to start out in such a positive way.


3 comments:

  1. I assume you're kidding. One of my friends won the lottery TWICE (on same day; bought two tickets by accident). Totally ruined his life. But if you did win, good for you. Now take some of that money and hire someone to publicize Xmas Carol. It's the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just between the two of us, I did not WIN, but let's keep it a secret I just love all my new friends... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your secret is totally safe on the internet. It's a very cool crowd that's online. They never spill a thing.

    ReplyDelete