Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 - Cautiously Stepping Into the New Year


My author friend, Keith O'Connor of Xmas Carol fame, graciously bequeathed to me this new year all of his unused adverbs. Suddenly, and I must admit, somewhat anxiously I find myself slowly stepping forward into the new year trying desperately not to step on any of the vast array of adverbs I see strewn before me.

Eventually, if not daily, I will attempt to put all of these thoughtfully given words to good use. I remain enormously grateful to my friend for his generous gift.


Cover design by Casey Shain


1 comment:

  1. At least you managed to give Casey credit. I still haven't done that. I'm waiting for (ahem) readers to tell me they saw a typo in the book. Armed with this reason to redo the text, I'm going to give Casey a smashing attribution.

    As for the adverbs, you must try harder. For instance, take this: "...trying desperately not to step on any of the vast array of adverbs I see strewn HAPHAZARDLY before me." See how easily you could have inserted one more adverb in there? But you keep at it, and by Jove, I think you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete