Friday, December 16, 2011

Another Voice Silenced

Christopher Hitchens has died at age 62. Despite his nagging and painful illness he continued to work right up until the very end.

There were many times when I didn't agree with what he had to say but I always appreciated listening to him. He never spared anyone's feeling, telling it like he saw it, like it or not.

I think Christopher found peace with his life and he left death for what it is, just that death. So here's to a good man, one you could embrace, one you could have a drink with and one who was smart enough to get it when you told him he was "full of it". Your words and voice will be missed. But when we need a "Hitch-Fix" there are plenty of books and articles that will bring his words back to life in our living rooms.

Read more at Polemiscist Who Slashed All Freely, With Wit

1 comment:

  1. I felt terrible when I saw the news about Hitch today. He could have done so much more, given time. He handled his death with grace, as I'm sure we all expected him to. I agree that he was wrong on some things but always worth hearing. There won't be another like him. It's a tremendous loss.

    ReplyDelete