Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Anniversary


My Sixth Grade Class
1949

Today marks the first anniversary of my blog. It may sound funny but I remember so well that first day and my first posting, experiencing a bit of stage fright even though I was sitting right here in my cozy office chair. I wasn't sure where I was headed when I took those first steps, but so far the journey has been a rewarding one. I've encounter old childhood chums, always a delight to be with and some new folks that have wandered in along the way. I call them my friends even though we have never met and probably never will – I think someone should invent a new word for this computer age relationship we are experiencing whether through blogging, gaming, twittering or face-booking. It definitely is a new form of societal bonding.

Anyway I digress from my anniversary musings. I wasn't sure what I was going to write about when I started and This and That seemed the perfect title for my blog. Some things have surprised me in looking back. I've shared a lot about myself, for someone who doesn't like to talk or write about me. And Family and Friends have turned up as topics more often than not; all this coming from a crusty old dame with a thorny exterior much like an artichoke.

I may end up learning more about myself in this writing experience than I had ever imagined. I do think of it in terms of a journal, albeit in electronic form and not written down on fine paper with a Conway Stewart fountain pen. I hope my grandchildren will view it as my journal to them really, taking the place of being able to actually sit by my side and tell the tales to them, much like my grandmother did with me.

So for the past twelve months my words have been out there in this new electronic universe, scribbled on the walls of the cosmos much like the caveman's hieroglyphics of years past. I wonder will they still be there thousands of years in the future to be viewed and deciphered by some new life form. Oddly chilling isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Good Sunday afternoon A.,

    Great picture of the Princess and the Pea. Loved it.
    Finally have some good weather. Went out for a Starbucks and Costco then drove home with the roof down. Super time.

    Did not realize you had this blog going for a full year. Good for you. It is a job very well done.

    Cheers,

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAnnie, so glad you did start this blog...I think when I found it in a round about way that it has encouraged me to do the same. Mostly it's just my own thoughts for me, but anyone else is welcome to muse along with me.
    Great job you have done and I really enjoyed the insight as to where the writings might be in years to come!
    carry on my "cyberfriend"
    mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNIE, I SO ENJOY READING YOUR BLOG. YOU ARE A PERSON THAT IF WE WERE NEIGHBORS YEARS AGO, I THINK WE WOULD STILL BE FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS. EVEN IN THIS CYBOR WORLD WE CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT A FRIENDSHIP COULD'VE BEEN. I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT MYSELF ALSO ON ROSS'S BLOG. IT'S THE TRUE ME. I ALSO HAVE A STORY ABOUT HOW I FEEL IN THE REAL WORLD. I JUST LIKE THE FEELING OF PEOPLE CARING FOR YOU EVEN IF THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW YOU. SOMETIMES OUR REAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS JUST DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR FEELING YOU WANT THEM TO HEAR. THE REAL YOU///////////////

    KEEP BLOGGING MY FRIEND

    TG

    ReplyDelete