Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wings of Hope Welcomes Marijke

Pilot Marijke Unger (center)

This evening I attended a little reception at the Wings of Hope hangar for Marijke Unger who will be participating in the Powder Puff Derby on June 20th. Marijke works for the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Colorado and her co-pilot is Lara Carpenter, a captain for Sky West. The plane in the picture is Marijke's 1976 Bellanca Citabria that she will be flying in the race. I am looking forward to this air race and secretly in my heart will be flying right alongside both the girls. Oh how I would have loved to do something like this. Well, maybe in my next life.

Good luck girls, see you at the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. ANNIE, IS THAT YOU IN THE PICTURE? WE ARE ALMOST THE SAME AGE.

    TG

    ReplyDelete