Thursday, June 14, 2018

Time Flies

I can't believe that it has been a year since I have posted a blog. I have been spending too much time ranting and raving, well, more ranting, on social media. I am in the weaning process now and terribly needy so read and handle with care.

The exciting news is that I did publish my book, A Hundred Years Of Tears, One Soldier's Story From The Savannah To The Somme. It made it to the booksellers the past February.


The book is about my uncle, Sgt. John Guess, Jr. and based upon letters he wrote home to his mother during the summer and fall of 1918. John was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross, posthumously, for his bravery in capturing a German machine gun nest.

John died in France in a military hospital on November 7, 1918, just a few days before the end of World War I.

In the upcoming months, I will be sharing some of John's writings as they dovetail into actual historical events. Along with some family history that is not covered in the book.

I hope you will buy a copy of my book, it was indeed a labor of love to honor my uncle along with all the many other fallen soldiers one hundred years ago.

The book can be purchased online through Amazon, Barnes and Nobel and other traditional booksellers throughout the world. Here is a link to preview book on Amazon.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment