Friday, July 22, 2016

This and That - the true Artichoke Way - Leaf by Leaf


Watercolor pencil by Cherry San



Sometimes we never get read the ending to our nightly story hour. I thought I would address a couple that previously fell through the cracks in my cabin floor.

In case you missed it, here's a little fun fact: FBI says price paid was worth it 

This tidbit is a follow up to that Apple-FBI case involving the San Bernardino iPhone. The last I      heard was that the FBI had withdrawn their action against Apple, after apparently being able to access the data on the phone that they sought. The ending to this story that never got read to me was how much it cost the FBI to hack that phone.

In a related story Apple says requests for data from governments agencies have grown.

When one door closes, another door opens. It seems Edward Snowden has come up with a new gadget, a phone case that shows when your phone data is being monitored.

And this is the first I have read in a long, long time about what is going on with the sailors aboard the USS Ronald Reagan that were exposed to radiation during  Operation Tomodachi when the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant experienced a meltdown.

It bothers me that the government wants to cover this up, like it never happened. I mean these sailors weren't exposed while drinking beer at a bar in Japan. They were on duty, providing an ordered humanity mission and entered a hazard zone to perform their job.

That is your This and That for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment