Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Global Warming...


I suppose when the ice cubes in my drink start to melt I will begin to seriously think about global warming. I mean, come on, lets not rush into things or make any rash moves. 

A story which ran yesterday in the New York Times has scientists warning of rising sea levels of ten feet or more over the coming centuries.  (Scientists Warn of Rising Oceans From Polar Melt)

But they are talking centuries from now, not like next year. And I won't be around a hundred years from now, neither will my children or grandchildren. And there is a darn good chance that my great-grandkids won't be around to grab a mop either.

So what's the fuss all about? As long as my ice cubes stay frozen and my air conditioning continues to hum outside my window, life is good, right?


1 comment:

  1. An intelligent race would save itself. Our lack of urgency and action clinches the issue for all time: we're not an intelligent race. Well, perhaps something better will follow on our heels, once we're extinct. Hopefully the new race of intelligent beings won't position any of their homes on a spent fuel depository that they don't know is there. Now that would truly be sad. May they live long and prosper!

    ReplyDelete