Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Tale of Two Companies



Once upon a time in a land far away there existed  greedy corporations. They lost their sense of ethics and forgot about social responsibility.

A sigh was heard throughout the land and then in a silent hush the Earth quietly died.






And so once again the story is repeated over and over and over again. What was that song?.....when will we ever learn.....

Forced to evacuate their village three years ago after the Fukushima disaster this story tells of the Miyakoji villagers who now are reluctant to return to their homes. They don't believe what the corrupted corporations say, they are afraid.
“The government and the media say the radiation has been cleaned up, but it’s all lies,” said Ms. Kim.
And so we see a repeat from the corporations who reap enormous profits, toss out a pittance to those injured and move on. And we, well we forget all too soon and most get on with our lives and continue run through the shrinking daisy fields.

I watch from a nearby perch and wait for the sound - that last deep sign before the end. 


4 comments:

  1. I must say that in my old age, I'm becoming less positive about humanity's chances. We just don't pay attention to much of anything, including real and imminent threats. And why? Because we're far too busy taking photos of ourselves. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "click".... oh, wait, just one more please. I think that you moved just as I snapped the shutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a good blur in my photos. Covers up the flaws. PS: did you notice that I changed my photo on my blog (and on my author's page)? It's hokey but I went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I did notice the photo change. You know I like that photo. I didn't comment because I was afraid it had been up for awhile and I didn't pick up on it. I didn't want to feel stoopid.

    ReplyDelete