Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 11 - Remember Fukushima-Daiichi

UNPLUG NUCLEAR!

Unplug logoOn March 11, Beyond Nuclear will join with many other organizations from around the country to remember those suffering as a result of the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear disaster. Please help to Unplug Nuclear Power (and fossil fuels, too, of course) by using as little grid-supplied electricity as possible on that day. Our action is designed to send the message to the utility companies that we refuse to accept nuclear power any longer.






What a small price to pay to send a message and to remember this terrible disaster. The ramifications from three years ago and still ongoing. Let's not forget and make a move to show that nuclear power is not the only answer to our power needs.


  • Be conscious of your own energy usage. Remember conservation is not a dirty word.
  • We have choices: wind, solar, tidal & wave power to name just a few.
  • Remember spent nuclear waste needs to be safely and permanently stored. Starting now!
  • Start living wisely, not as a glutton.
  • Be kind - to your fellow man and to our home, the Earth.


2 comments:

  1. Well, let's see. I haven't driven in about 15 years. I hardly ever turn on a light, preferring to live in the dark. And I only vacuum every few months. So do I have to shut the heat during the return of the polar vortex? Or can I keep my low profile and leave it at that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we do our part for more than one day a year. Since I live in an all-electric home with no other options available you know how wacky I must get knowing my nemesis is the big bad Ameren that I fight with on nuclear energy. Oy. Amazing though, 3 years and still so many questions.

    ReplyDelete