Friday, December 13, 2013

I Got An Early Xmas Present


Sometimes the best gifts do come in small packages. Yesterday the Department of Energy passed over for the second time the Ameren-Westinghouse request for a federal grant for their SMR development.  Story link

Instead the funding will head west to NuScale Power of Portland, Oregon. Now maybe Ameren of Missouri can focus on the problem closer at hand, that being what to do with the spent fuel pools when they reach maximum capacity in just a few years.

I am so pleased with this recent development I am going to pass it forward with donations to Toys for Tots and my local St. Louis Food Bank.

Wish I could match the DOE's use of the $452 million of taxpayers funds they used in this SMR funding program. Wow, that would be a lot of toys and food this Christmas Season!

Happy Holidays Everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Good to see you happy. I thought maybe someone bought you an iPad, but I guess this is even better. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete